2009年8月23日星期日

Simple travelogue in La Habana, Cuba part 1

First thing first, the internet is extremely slow, I´ve spent 15 mins to load the facebook and couldn´t update the status!!Web messenger and ebuddy is not loading as well......

-After 10 hrs flight to Varadero and 2hr taxi to La Habana, I´m fall into pieces. Having dinner in one of the restaurant recommended from lonely planet (the only reason to go to that one just because it´s the nearest to my Casa) It cost me 7 quid for a basic dinner, which I thought it´s not too bad, until the next day I reckon that a chinken leg rice is just cost 60p!!!!For fxxk sake I´d like to buy 20 chicken leg rice and ask her to eat all of them infront of me!!!!

-Some English said that the Cuba food is crap. It´s not!! Deep Fried Chicken Leg rice is cheap and tasty, and quite juicy as well! As least better than Cafe de Carol in HK!

-And the pork meat bun is my favorite!!Pork is roasted and very juicy, and fat, and I love it! The best thing is when I know this place more, I buy it cheaper and cheaper, from 24CUP to 20 to 10 and now I buy it from 5CUP!(equal to 15p!!)

-Well 13hrs I´ve spent is not all about eating! I do go somewhere, e.g. National museum of Revolution. And to be honest, its boring. So I take a picture outside the museum, with Mr Foxy lying on the ground to stop the tank, like what Wang Wei Lin does in 4'June. And the friendly brotherhood of China got some military to questioning me, which is useless, because I couldn´t speak a word of Spanish, then he wave me off.

-Yes, I´m crap in language, everytime I want to explain something I explain in English, then French, and both of them are useless. At last, I´ve found that talking in Chinese is much better. They dun understand either but at least my body language with Chinese is much more expressional.

-So, once time I buy the pork meat bun and someone ask for 30CUP, I said Diu Lei Lo May, sai ng lung sai 30ar! and then I give him 20, he give me back 10.

It works.

-I think the main thing inside Cuban is don´t bother. Seems nth bother them too much. Especially the police, which all over the places from day and night. I´m eating the Chicken leg rice in front of the Parliment of Cuba, because I didnt have any spoon or forks, I drop a lot of rice in the stairs. Guard comes and bi-li-ba-la-ing. And I do a face and body expression of (I dun have a fork to use, what can I do) and then the guard to a expression of dont bother in his face.

-But something really bother and I fell guilty is, my perception of others. I´m too defensive and think people approach u must have some perpose. Although there is really some people talk to u in order to bring u in a bar or sth, most Cuban people just curious and friendly.The worst one is I went to a salsa bar to have a drink, the drink is 2.5 CUC and I thought I pay him 10. When he give me the 2.5 change I start argue with him and finally just jump off. But later I´ve found it was my fault. I do give him 5CUC only!! It´s ashame and I´ve found guilty about this. Should I come back and say sorry now

Ok, stop here, as the time runs out. Will heading to Vinales to hiking and visit some cigar farms, ciao!

2 則留言:

team JC 說...

estúpido!¡Contento usted se divierte!

wiffer 說...

you know i like the way u eat outside the parliment. you should have taken the legendary picture!